Why would someone want to learn Korean? Well for me, I think it will come in handy living in Korea as I do now. There are tons of good reasons to learn Korean if you are living over here, all of which I plan on exploring in this little blog. So check in here daily and you might even learn a thing or two about this excellent language.

Resources Corner: FSI Language Course


Here is a site that a friend told me about. It's the FSI (Foreign Service Institute) Language courses site. From the site:

"These courses were developed by the United States government and are in the public domain."


"Like the original, this site is dedicated to making these language courses freely available in an electronic format. This site is not affiliated in any way with any government entity; it is an independent, non-profit effort to foster the learning of worldwide languages. Courses here are made available through the private efforts of individuals who are donating their time and resources to provide quality materials for language learning."


So this site was developed by the US government and it kinda shows. As you can see by the picture, it's pretty sparse looking. The good thing is it's free. I tried to download the pdf but my internet is acting up so I couldn't check that out. My guess is it's as dry as the site. I did, however, download the first audio segment from the site. It was a bit dated but I'm sure it was cool for those learning the language in the 50's. It reminded me of an old, busted up car- it gets the job done. 
File Under: ,

0 comments: