Why would someone want to learn Korean? Well for me, I think it will come in handy living in Korea as I do now. There are tons of good reasons to learn Korean if you are living over here, all of which I plan on exploring in this little blog. So check in here daily and you might even learn a thing or two about this excellent language.

Resources Corner: Koreanclass101


This is the site that I use the most. It's Korean Class 101. This site has a lot of resources for beginners to the advanced. I wanted to try this site out and it has a free podcast to get you started if you don't want to pay any $$. I listened to the podcast for a few months and I really liked the personalities of the teachers. There is always a native speaker matched with a foreign speaker. The episodes are short and well done. They are good about reviewing each word and adding cultural insight during each lesson.

I decided to try the pay service out so I signed up for 2 year access to all their content. This was a whopping $240.00 but that actually comes out to $10.00 a month which makes it easier to justify. What you get for that is SOOOO much. You get a ton of podcasts that cover a wide range of topics (hundreds of them). You get PDFs of all the lessons which I like to print out to read on the subway or whenever I have time. You get a lot of other extras I can't recall as I write this but it has really been worth it so far. I'll let you know after the two years if it really made any serious impact.

If your not willing to pay for the premium service, I would highly recommend at least visiting the site and going through the free lessons. I think you will enjoy it.

0 comments: