Why would someone want to learn Korean? Well for me, I think it will come in handy living in Korea as I do now. There are tons of good reasons to learn Korean if you are living over here, all of which I plan on exploring in this little blog. So check in here daily and you might even learn a thing or two about this excellent language.

Resources Corner: Iphone Apps


Iphone (or Ipod Touch) Apps! There are a few of these that I use for language learning. When you go to the App store in iTunes and type in "Korean," you get basically 2 results. Apps for learning the language and Apps for Korean girls. So, after you sort through the smut, you'll find some rather helpful apps.

Now there are a ton of Apps that will help you learn Korean most of which I haven't tried yet. If you have tried one with success, leave a comment and let me know!

Korean English Dictionary by Cole Zhu- This is a pretty good dictionary but keep in mind it's not free. It's $5.99 but I think it's worth it. I use it every once in a while when I need a quick translation. I tried to use it to translate a few sentences but I still don't know enough of the language to understand the grammar so it didn't help me.

Hangul Korean Alphabet- This one costs $1.99. It's a fun little program for learning Hangul. It's got the pronunciation of the letters but the audio is poor. Using headphones helps.

Korean- This one is a bit pricey ($7.99) but it's worth it. It's from the same folks that brought you "Hangul Korean Alphabet." It gives you a ton of words to learn and mixes it up so you have to remember what you learned. I have learned a few words from this so far and if I was smart I would use this app everyday. As it turns out, I'm not that smart.

Learn Korean- Another App for $1.99 (A popular price). This one has the interesting feature of allowing you to use the touch screen to draw out the Hangul. Maybe this will help you but the letters aren't so complicated that you can't just use a piece of paper.


0 comments: