Why would someone want to learn Korean? Well for me, I think it will come in handy living in Korea as I do now. There are tons of good reasons to learn Korean if you are living over here, all of which I plan on exploring in this little blog. So check in here daily and you might even learn a thing or two about this excellent language.

Resources Corner: Kindle 2


Good ol' mom and dad got me a Kindle 2 for Christmas. I wasn't sure if I'd like it but it's really grown on me. I am a big gadget junkie so I like all the new stuff in technology. I'm sure you've read all about this e-reader so I won't recap why people do or do not like it. As far as learning Korean, I didn't see a whole lot of titles in the Kindle store on Amazon. Maybe they'll get some more in eventually but there is only about 3 or 4 titles right now that I could find.

I sent a sample of one of the books wirelessly to my Kindle 2 to check it out. It is "Colloquial Korean" by In-Seok Kim. I'll let you know if it's any good. So the Kindle is a fine e-reader for a lot of books but it appears that the Korean language learning books are few and far between for this device. As far as learning Korean, I'll stick with my podcasts and old fashion paper books for now.
File Under: ,

0 comments: